Sunday, July 7, 2013

My black eye

Randy had finally talked me into playing soccer after all these years.  In our game on this particular night I suffered a gash under right eye.  The goal keeper on the other team kicked the ball as hard as he could towards the opposite end of the field and I was in the way.  I put my hand up to block my face and my thumb nail cut me.  Once I came to, I was hands and feet on the ground.  I couldn't feel the right side of my face.  I started feeling to make sure I hadn't lost any teeth.  I remember Alec and Troy coming over to make sure I was ok.  Alec asked if I was laughing.  I was like "um no, I can't feel my face." I looked up and blood was pouring down my face.  At first they couldn't tell where the blood was coming from.  I wiped my face with my shirt and you could then see the gash under my eye.  I was not going to get stitches.  I tried to put ice on it during the drive home but it was super cold.  I was so upset because I knew it would probably scar. When we got home, I squeezed it together as best as I could and put a band aid on it.  Over the next few days, it closed up but then turned into a black eye.  Here are some pictures from the next few days and the change that occurred. 
 
 





No comments: