Sunday, July 14, 2013

Emergency Room visit

We took an unexpected trip to the emergency room at the hospital Kendall was born at on Wednesday, June 5.  We were at Debbie and Paul's house getting ready for our garage sale that was coming up weekend. Kendall was sitting in a lawn chair and fell out.  She went face first onto the concrete.  When I picked her up there was so much blood.  I thought maybe she had bit through her lip.  I immediately put her in the car and headed to the hospital.  We checked in and Randy showed up a few minutes later.  Debbie and Paul brought Talan up there to us and waited for a bit.  While we sitting in the waiting room, the cut had stopped bleeding.  I made sure we had all of our teeth and could tell she hadn't bit through her lip.  However, I was extremely worried about her getting an infection.  We sat there for 2 hours waiting to be called back.  Once we made it to a room, the Dr. showed up to tell us there was nothing to do for it, that it would close up on it's own by the next afternoon.  I was so annoyed.  I knew I had done the right thing by going, but sitting there for that long for them to not do anything was beyond frustrating.  So, for all you moms out there,  I might have just saved you a future trip to the ER.  Mouth wounds generally close up within a day.
 



No comments: