Saturday, January 19, 2013

Joanna's surprise party

On Friday, January 4, we went to Reata in Fort Worth for Joanna's surprise birthday party. I had been talking to her throughout the week about what she wanted to do for her birthday. They hadn't made any plans that she knew of yet. On Wednesday, I got a text from her saying they were going to do something Friday but weren't sure yet what it was. I text Billy immediately and said "um, what am I supposed to say?" He said tell her you can't go. I felt so bad because everyone had told her they couldn't go. I told her Randy had a soccer game and we wouldn't make it. I could tell in her text message she was getting disappointed in all the no's. I talked to her on Friday morning and she said there was no way they could make reservations somewhere now because it was so late. I couldn't help but chuckle to myself, hoping she still didn't know.
Everyone was at the restaurant at 630 and Joanna, Billy, Crystal and Mike showed up about 10 minutes later. billy had told her that it would just be the 4 of them.  She was excited and surprised. We had a really good time. Thanks Billy for dinner, we really appreciated it.
Happy birthday Joanna. I am happy we could celebrate with you.

No comments: