Friday, January 25, 2013

15 years at Texas Roadhouse

January 12 was my 15 year anniversary with Texas Roadhouse. I can remember applying for the job and thinking to myself "I've never heard of this place, what if it closes in 6 months?" Well, it didn't and I'm glad. I have many great memories. After 5.5 years in Grand Prairie as a server, bartender and key I moved on to Service Manager in Mesquite. I was not completely excited about this promotion, but I would meet my soul mate here just a few months later. Randy and I decided we wanted to get married and have a family. The hours would not allow us to do that in the way we wanted. So, I put in a years notice. In July of 2006, my boss was fired and I we devastated. He had been an amazing teacher and friend. This is when I met my current boss, Robert. He offered me the job as Bar Manager in Garland which was closer to our house. I could make my own hours. So, I agreed. In November, one of my best friends, Cindy was hired to replace me in Mesquite. I opened Garland as the bar trainer, which was a new experience. I have worked in Garland now for 6 years. I have gained some awesome friends, got married, had 2 babies all because I took a chance.
I wanted to say thanks to my mom and dad for teaching me to be loyal and work hard. I don't see that much in kids these days. I have always said, "the grass isn't always greener on the other side." Nobodys job is perfect, there will always be things you dislike about your boss or the job itself, but make sure you can leave at the end of the day saying you did all you could to do to be your best.
Thanks Robert for my awesome new purse!

1 comment:

Brooklynn said...

Holy poop! Can't believe it's been that long!