Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving

This year was a little different than years past. We started our morning the same by going to Bass Pro to take our annual picture with Santa. Talan had written out his list to give to him. Kendall wanted nothing to do with him,  same as Talan at this age. We then went to Debbie and Paul's. We were happy to see this side of the family. It has been awhile since we were all together. Thank you Debbie and Paul for hosting. It has been many years since we had Thanksgiving with the Skinners. Usually we are at David and Melinda's for the first part of the day or with Debbie's aunts and uncles.  So, we got there around 1030 and immediately got into the Turkey Bowl. Paul has recently taken up Wii bowling and decided it would be fun to have a tournament. It was a blast and very competitive. Randy and his cousin Alec won. Boo! I had made some goodie bags for the winners. Debbie had made some prizes for during the game for things such as a turkey and that rounds high score. We also had a football squares pot. None of us won that. But Kendall.....did win the correct score of the game.  Um yes, that was my guess. I spent some of the day looking for black Friday deals in the ads. I did a little shopping online. Michaels opened at 4, so Misty and I ran over there. I got $75 worth of stuff for $30. I was pretty happy with that. When we got back, Randy, the kids and I headed home.  Yes, home. This is where its different. I didn't see my family this year for thanksgiving. Mom says Christmas is most important to her. She had been a Jayme's for a week, so I understood her wanting some down time at home with Dad. Joanna, Billy and Parker are in Houston. They had just been here and are coming back for most of December. Move home already.......we miss you. Jayme, Jeremy and Juliet stayed close to their home. Jeremy had to work that morning. Juliet is only two weeks so I understand. Ashley and Jay were able to spend the day with the Yldas as this was Kim and Joes first holiday back in the states. I am sure everyone was happy for that.  Aaron, Jeanne, Amira and Audrey are in Senegal. I can't expect them to fly here for every holiday. We sure wish they lived closer.  I guess what I am trying to say is we all have so many wonderful other things going on in our lives. We are all busy trying to do what we can to be amazing parents, siblings, daughters, sons and friends. I truly appreciate all of the families I have. We sure couldn't do any of this without any of you. I am happy that my sisters have amazing second families. I hope you all know how much we missed seeing all of you today. I know its just a name, Thanksgiving, but you ALL mean the world to me. I thank you all for being a part of my family.

1 comment:

Jay Sharghi said...

It was different for us this year too! But I'm glad you have such a wonderful extended family that you enjoy spending time with. We missed seeing everyone too!