Sunday, November 4, 2012

Pikes peak Denver Day 2

On Saturday we got up and headed to Colorado Springs. The summit at Pikes Peak is 14000 feet.  When we arrived they first told us we would not be able to drive to the summit. Randy was disappointed. As we started our ascent, the altitude was definitely starting to affect me. We stopped at a gift shop and I got some dramamine. While I was in there, the ranger called on the walkie talkie to say we could go all the way to the top. YAY! It was very nerve racking, but we made it. It was very cold, yet stunningly beautiful. You can see in a picture that the dramamine finally kicked in. We had donuts and hot chocolate in the gift shop. On our way down, there was a lake that randy wanted to check out. I passed out while he did some hiking. I know Randy thoroughly enjoyed this and I tried to be a trooper.










No comments: