Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Weekly Update 8-19-12

On Monday, we went to our usual hangout. This week Troy was out of school so he joined us. It always takes Alivia a minute to warm up to people. By the time we left she had found herself a new friend. I remembered to take a couple of pictures.
Joanna had asked me to make some things for a friend of hers that is expecting a baby boy soon. I was so excited to get started on it. When I got home from Hawaiian Falls and got the kids down for naps, I immediately got on my machine. Here is what I made.
Today was the first day I had ever broke a needle on my machine. That was interesting for sure. Scared the crap out of me. I guess it's a good thing Avery and I went on our escapade last week. Tuesday after Talan's soccer practice I ran to Joann Fabric to find some more fabric for some more onesies for Joanna. These were baseball themed onesies and I had seen some fabric that I thought would work out great. On Wednesday, I did a little bit of work on the embroidery machine. Marsha, Randy's step sister was in town and she was coming over to go to the lake with us. It had been since Christmas that we had seen her. Her and her husband Michael have moved to New Mexico so it's not like we get to see them often. She is so amazing with the kids. I really hope that this try for them works out with them having a baby in the end.
This was Kendall's first ride on the tube. It took everything I had in me to say yes, but we went super slow and she loved it. She just sat there in Randy's lap dancing most of the time. It was very cute. On Friday, we loaded up and went to Schlitterbahn in New Braunsfel. Randy and I went about 9 years ago. We figured Talan was big enough to ride most of the rides and it would be super fun. We invited Debbie and Paul to go. I wanted to take Kendall, but knew if I didn't take someone to watch her in the kiddie area, I wouldn't get to do anything. We got to the hotel around 2.
We changed and had lunch before heading to the water park. We decided to go the pool water side today. We found a bench in the shade and went to enjoy some rides. Debbie took Kendall to the kiddie area. When we came back from riding a few rides this is what we found....
We rode all the rides we could before the park closed. We went and had dinner at Chili's. Troy, Debbie, and I all decided to have a margarita with dinner. Well, they ended up being a little on the strong side. Before dinner came, Debbie had to go outside and walk around a little because it had gotten to her pretty quickly. I'm sure it had to do with chasing Kendall around the kiddie park for 4 hours and being tired from the drive. LOL It was a good time for sure. On Saturday, we got up early to have our FREE breakfast at the hotel. It wasn't bad. They had waffles, bagels, oatmeal, fruit, cereal and eggs. We got to the park as soon as it opened and it was already packed. We decided to post up on the pool water side again but in a different area. We found a better kiddie area for Kendall. We found a nice shaded bench. There wasn't a line for one of the tube rides, so I stayed with Kendall while Randy, Talan, Troy and Debbie went to ride that and another ride. I figured Debbie would appreciate a break from babysitting. Afterwards, the boys and I rode the shuttle to the river water side to ride those rides. We did a slide, the not so lazy river, a speed slide and a tube ride. At the speed slide, we told Talan it was a race. At the end, he was upset because Randy and I beat him. Little does he know that we outweigh him by a ton and that's why we won. Not a good thing... On the tube ride, we got all the way to the top and Talan decided he didn't want to ride. We told him the only way down was on the tube. It was soo funny because I could hear him crying the whole way down the tube. It was about snack time so we headed back to the other side. We had some snacks and rode around the lazy river a couple more times before we packed up to head home.
We ate dinner at Cracker Barrel on the way home in San Marcos. It was tax free weekend and that outlet mall looked beyond ridiculous. I did secretly want to go shopping. Once we got on the road, Kendall cried for about 45 minutes. She finally fell asleep for about 30 minutes. We ran into a crazy storm on the way. It rained on and off for most of the way home. Sunday, Talan had a soccer game at 11:30. After soccer we were heading to Mom and Dad's house. Joanna, Billy and Parker were in town. I had brought my embroidery machine with me to do some work for Joanna. She has a couple of friends expecting babies. While I embroidered, Talan played the wii with Mom, Joanna hung out with Parker and Kendall.
I know I always talk about how we are going here and there, but I wouldn't have it any other way. We will always have these memories. I hope I never look back and regret these times.

No comments: