Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Weekly Update 7/30/12

On Monday, Avery and I took the kids to Hawaiian Falls again. We finally figured out what makes Alivia happy...the lazy river. There is a little area where the kids can jump off of a ledge and the water is only about 1.5 feet deep. She loves to do that. Kendall just sits and watches her and Talan. Later that evening Randy decided to repair the sheetrock he had cut out in the laundry room and closet. All looked good until..... Tuesday morning I woke up and Troy was drying something in the dryer. It wasn't even hooked up to the wall. I noticed the tile was wet. Somehow the valve did not get completely shut and water dripped down the wall in the laundry room all night long. The wall was wet again, paint was chipping. I thought at this point we were going to have to replace the whole wall. I put the fan back in there and left to go to soccer practice and work. Luckily we had not replaced the carpet in the closet yet because that would have been wasted. Here is a pic of what my clothes looked like all week....
Wednesday we went to the lake. Avery, Alec, and Lloyd went with us. Lloyd decided he wanted to see if Randy could throw him off the tube if he rode by himself. We ended up with a little bit of an injury. Here are some pictures of our night.
Thursday was a busy day as usual. Work, swim, soccer, and softball. Friday the guys came to fix the carpet in the closet. Later that evening we went to the laundromat to get caught up on laundry. 2 hours and $25 later we were done. I was annoyed because obviously Kendall and Talan did not want to be there, but I was happy to have it done so quickly. Randy had a soccer game at 11:30. They blew out the other team. Saturday, I worked. It was ridiculously slow. Randy, Talan, and Kendall went to Baylea's birthday party. They also went to see David and Melinda for a bit. They had been in Alaska and hadn't seen the kids in awhile. After work I went to the mall (by myself) to get some new jeans and clothes for the kids. On Sunday, Talan had a soccer game at 1:00. He did so awesome. The team won 7-4 and Talan scored 4 goals. We went to Dairy Queen after for our weekly treat if Talan does good at his game. I told Randy that we were going to have to make a different deal becuase my belly can't take much more ice cream..... Randy needed to do some work, so I went to Mom and Dad's with the kids. Grandma hadn't seen them in some time since she has been quite anxious anytime the kids are around. Mom and Dad haven't been bringing her over for Sunday dinner so Mom and I took the kids to see her for a bit. Mom thinks she knew who I was, but I'm sure she doesn't know Talan or Kendall. I kept trying to tell her about them and who they were. Sometimes she tried to talk to me but it was hard to understand most of what she said. I know it meant a lot to my mom for us to go over there. I wish I could go more often, but it is hard with the kids, and it's hard to go and watch her not really be there. After we left, we had dinner with mom and dad. Unfortunately, this week we did not get to end our week with Falling Skies. It was on a break this week.

No comments: