Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Big boy Talan

So, after one week of being in our big boy bed we have had some ups and downs. The first night was obviously rough. It took me about 45 minutes of laying with him to make him feel comfortable. He was sleeping in Kendall's room. Troy and I were going to move rooms the next day. The first night he slept in his room all night. The next night was Randy's turn to tuck him in.  When he came to bed I asked if Talan was upset. He said he was whimpering. I went to check on him and he was hyperventilating. So much for whimpering. I laid with him for about 15 minutes and when he was almost asleep I came to bed. My bed was full by about 430, as him and Kendall didn't want to sleep alone. Horrible night of sleep for mom. The next few nights were easier. He has slept in his room everynight. He always tells me, "I don't want to sleep by myself." I keep trying to tell him how awesome he is to be so big. That none of the soccer boys still sleep with their mommy and daddy. I think the one that works best is that Nellie Cruz sleeps by himself. LOL.
It has been a bit hard for me. I don't want him to think we dont love him or that he has been bad. We still have our night time routine of watching a show together before bed. That will change soon as I would like to start reading before bed. That will be important as he starts school. Reading is not mine or Randy's strong subject, so I have to lead by example I guess and show him its important.
I'm so proud of how well Talan has done so far. I will post pictures of his big boy room later.

1 comment:

Jay Sharghi said...

I too, am very proud of him. This is a big step for all of you. But it had to happen one day, right?