Monday, February 18, 2013

Moving day......kinda

Talan has been telling us for the last couple of nights that he didn't want to sleep in his "baby" bed anymore. We had already decided after tax season that he would move to his room. Since he has been talking about it, I figured I should take advantage of it now. We went to lunch with Randy today. Talan told him what he wanted to do. So, with that we decided we would also take down the crib and move Kendall to a toddler bed. We went to Babies r us and bought Kendall a Minnie mouse bed. We then went to Walgreens to get Talan a light pillow that he had talked about. We came home and the transformation began. Troy helped me put together Kendall's bed. When Randy got home we took apart the crib and moved it out of our room.  I told Talan with us moving his bed out of our room he was going to have to sleep in his big boy room from now on.
I'm not sure who this is going to be harder on, Talan or me? I keep telling myself he's not a baby anymore. He will always be MY baby, but I guess I have to let him go a little bit. I know this must sound silly to most, that we are finally moving him into his own room at almost 5, but I remember when we brought him home. People would say that I shouldn't hold him too much, and we shouldn't let him sleep with us. He's almost 5. Do you know how fast this time has gone by? He wasn't always going to be a baby, I wasn't going to be able to hold him allday everyday. He was going to be too big to sleep in my bed someday. That someday has come and gone.
Talan,
You are one of my greatest accomplishments. I love watching you grow everyday. I love the little man you are becoming. You light up my world. Good night sweet boy!
Love you to the moon and the stars and Pluto and mickey and goofy to infinity and back. Mommy

1 comment:

Marsha D said...

yay, Talan!! i love the bedspread!! good luck, mom! you will do fine!