Monday, July 23, 2012

Weekly Update 7/23

On Monday, I decided to do a couple of things on my embroidery machine. There were a couple of projects that I have been wanting to do and finally got to them. The first one was a sundress for Kendall to wear to Talan's soccer games.
After I did it, I wished I would have done it in more girly colors. I also wanted to put Talan's name on it, but oh well. I will do the next one differently. I like it enough to not redo right now. The next project was an "in the hoop" project. It is all done in the machine hoop which scared me a little bit. There were only 7 steps. My first attempt I missed the most important step. I was supposed to move the zipper to the middle of the hoop after step 3. I didn't realize this until I was completely finished and couldn't move the zipper. I was kind of mad, but knew there was a reason I bought 2 zippers.
It's a mini zipper case. I use it at work for my change while I wait tables. It is pretty cute and super convenient. On Tuesday, we had soccer tots again. I really liked our practice with Coach T and Coach Corey today. Talan learned some new skills that I feel will really push him passed the kids he is playing with. We just have to keep practicing outside of Tuesday practice. Randy took Talan to swim lessons while I worked. On Wednesday we went to the lake. Micah, Cindy and David joined us. It was a beautiful day. Cindy and I decided to take a spin on the tube. It has been a year since she and I did it. Last year I had Kendall and she had knee surgery. We went flying off the tube. I had an instant migraine. My back is still killing me a week later. We went and ate dinner at Chili's afterwards.
Thursday brought on another busy day. I had to work. Talan had swim and soccer practice. Randy couldn't play softball tonight as it was at the same time as soccer practice. Friday started off as a good day. I was able to go and get a manicure and pedicure. I have recently found a lady named Karen to do my nails. It makes me a little sad to not be going to Andy anymore. I had been seeing him for almost 13 years now. The drive to Arlington every 2 weeks just seemed to get longer and harder. As the day went on and 5 loads of laundry later.......we ended up with a puddle of water in the closet. It was about 20 minutes before we had to leave to go to Randy's soccer game when we noticed it. I soaked 3 towels trying to figure out where the water was coming from. I was seriously freaking out. After arguing about staying or going, we left. I was expecting to come home to a flooded house thinking a pipe had burst. When we got home, Randy figured out the washing machine had leaked somehow. He had to take out the carpet and mat in the closet. All of my clothes are in the bath tub. He pulled the baseboards and cut some of the sheetrock. I went to Walmart to buy a couple of fans to try and dry out the concrete and walls.
On Saturday, I had to work in the morning. Since Talan has soccer on Sundays, I am working on Saturday morning. That evening we had been invited to go to the Mesquite Rodeo with some of Randy's clients. We took the kids to Debbie's. We went for a few hours. We were in a suite. It was catered with bbq for dinner. It was a good time, but not something Randy and I felt like we needed to do again anytime soon. On Sunday Talan had soccer. It was a very intense and evenly matched game. They tied 6-6. Talan scored 5 goals. He scored the game tying goal with 26 seconds left. I was climbing walls and Randy was kicking them on the other side of the arena. We had soo many opportunities at the end of the game. Randy and I couldn't have been happier. Talan really understands the game and is just as competitive as we are. We got to go to Dairy Queen for ice cream as that was Randy's deal with Talan if he scored 5 goals. After that, we headed to Mom and Dad's. Mom and I were going with Jayme and Jeremy to help them add some things to their registry for baby Juliet. It was fun getting to be a part of that. It can be pretty overwhelming. We had yummy dinner and ice cream at Mom and Dad's. Randy took the kids swimming for a bit after dinner.
Thanks Jay for the pics. Obviously to end our week we came home and watched Falling Skies.

2 comments:

Brooklynn said...

Can't believe you actually switched nail people, it's the end of an era! I bet Andy was super sad!

Brooklynn said...

Btw, LOVE Kendall's dress. Freaking adorable!!! I'll need one when Colbi gets older!