Thursday, July 19, 2012

Weekly Update 7/16

On Monday, Avery and I took the kids to Hawaiian Falls for a few hours. We got there when they opened and decided this was the way to do it. There weren't many people there and we got a picnic bench that was covered right by the kiddie area. It makes it much easier for me. Talan goes down the slides by himself and Kendall just likes to walk around. Alivia wasn't really into it today, but once we got onto the lazy river she was happy. We left about 1 so the kids could get home for naps. 3 hours is plenty in my mind. When we got home Talan's new soccer shoes arrived.
On Tuesday, Talan had soccer tots. I like going because they teach him some different skills to work on throughout the week. Randy also took Talan to swim lessons. On Wednesday, the kids and I went to meet Randy for lunch at our favorite Chinese restaurant. On Thursday, I went to work. Talan had swim at 4:30, soccer practice at 7:30, and Randy played softball at 8:30. They have a busy day on Thursdays. On Friday, Randy had a CPR training class at work. We finally took the kids to have their birthday pictures done. Little late but, they turned out great. I didn't think I would get 1 good one of Kendall, but she surprised me.
He had a bye for soccer this week so we stayed at home and played outside with the kids for awhile. It was really nice outside. On Saturday, Talan had swim at noon. Afterwards, we went to the new Michaels that just opened by us. That will not be good for my wallet. I got a couple of things for a project I have been wanting to try. We went to Kohls after to look for some new pots and pans. I didn't see anything that stood out, so we passed for now. Randy and I were having an adults only evening on Saturday. We took the kids to Debbie and Paul and headed to dinner at Benihanas. Of course I ate too much. I knew that we were going to be having some drinks that evening at a friend's birthday party so I wanted to make sure I was good and full. We got to Burke's house about 7:30. It was his 40th birthday. We had so much fun with everyone. I haven't laughed that hard in I can't remember how long.
On Sunday, Talan had a soccer game at 4:30. We knew that there were going to be some learning curves this season. Just looking at the boys on the other team we were nervous. They were bigger and obviously more skilled. We lost 10-5 (our first loss ever). Talan scored 4 goals. Mom and Dad came to the game today as no one was going for Sunday dinner. After the game, we went and had dinner at BJ's. Debbie and Paul also came to the game and joined us for dinner. Service was not great but food was good as usual. Mom and I shared a triple chocolate pizzokie for dessert. YUM!!!! After dinner we finished up our week at home by watching Falling Skies.

No comments: