Monday, August 26, 2013

Talan starts Kindergarten

I guess I always knew this day would come, but it's finally here and I am not ready.  Ok maybe a little ready.  My little boy starts kindergarten today.  He has never gone to Mother's Day out or preschool. He has been playing soccer for a long time so I know he knows how to interact with other kids. I know Talan adjusts well to new situations, but this will be different than anything he has ever done.  We have been preparing all summer.  We started adjusting his bedtime every week so that by the time school started he would be in bed by 8:30.  We have not had any issues with that so far. I do get worried about lunch time with him.  He is a pretty picky eater so for now I think it will be peanut butter and jelly or lunchables.  Hopefully, Kendall and I can make it up there at least once a week to break up the cycle a little bit.  I have decided for the time being that we will walk to school in the mornings and probably home in the afternoons with the exception of Tuesday because I work. 
 





We all walked to school today for the first day.  He did so well.  He walked us right to his class and right to his seat at his table.  Mrs. Rainey had playdoh at their chairs for them to play with while everyone was arriving.  I was so proud of how big and unafraid he seemed.   As we walked out of class, Randy began to tear up.  We walked all the way home and I didn't cry.  As I walked in the house all I could do was think about how quiet my house was and how lonely Kendall and I would be without Talan here.  I cried a couple times today, but it was amazing how quickly our day went. 
 
Talan, you continue to amaze me everyday.  You are not a little boy anymore.  I am so proud of how big and smart you already are.  I know you will do amazing this year.  Kendall and I miss you being home with us everyday, but we know you are having fun meeting lots of new friends and getting smart.  I hope your daddy and I have taught you well so far and that you continue to be an amazing boy!

1 comment:

Jay Sharghi said...

Thanks for making me cry, Jenn.

Talan, Baba and Grammie are so proud of you. You are becoming such a fine young man (hard to call you a baby any more). We know you will do great in kindergarten.