Sunday, April 28, 2013

Talan's first cavities

When we went for Talan's 6 month checkup, the dentist told us we had 2 cavities. I was so disappointed. I had let Talan start brushing his own teeth some and I guess it was a little too soon. So, we set up our appointment to have them filled.
We got to the office at 11. They gave Talan his oral sedation medication and let him lay down for a bit to let it set in. They came to get him and take him back. I guess I didn't realize I wasn't going to go back with him. That was a bit emotional. After about an hour, they came to get me to go back and see him. He was still so drugged I had to laugh. He got a juice box and a push pop. He ended up dripping some on me because his left side was numb.
When we got home he slept for almost 5 hours. Hopefully we can do a better job brushing teeth going forward and not have to go through that again.

No comments: