Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Missing mimmie

Today we bury an amazing woman. I had the pleasure of meeting Randy's grandmother 8 years ago.  She instantly welcomed me into their family. Over this time she was a godsend to Randy and myself.  While Randy was in graduate school, she would watch Talan so Randy could go study and I could work.  She never had a problem meeting us or taking care of our little boy.  I don't know what we would have don't without her. She always managed to make it to Randy and Troy's sporting events.  Every Wednesday at soccer she would have quarters for Talan to play the candy game. Even after she got ill she would send them with Debbie.
Randy and I were blessed with our daughter Kendall on April 28th.  I am soo happy Mimmie was still alive to meet her.  I was lucky enough to get a few pictures of the two of them together before she passed. 
Randy always tells me that I have big shoes to fill between his Mom and grandma.  I feel like she is one of the greatest ladies I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.  I am glad she has been a part of my life. RIP MIMMIE. WE LOVE YOU ALWAYS!


2 comments:

Jay Sharghi said...

Mimmie was loved by many and will be missed by all. She truly was a very special person and not only welcomed you into her family, but all of us too. She was always such an upbeat and positive person. I am honored to have met her and to have been able to spend some time with her.

Brooklynn said...

What a sweet picture!! That is going to mean so much to you and Randy as the years pass. I wish my Mimi and Pappaw would have been around to meet the great grandchildren in our family. :)